Praise be The Player Challenge.
It’s a lovely day for fishing and bathing in the sun. There is nothing like a vacation on a cruise ship to get a sim’s blood pumping or muscles relaxed. One sim is having the time of his life when he spots a cute sim reading a book. She glances up and smiles at him but before he can make his move, the ship is engulfed in a mysterious fog. The wind starts to howl and whip the waves into mountainous swells that crash over the boat. In the distance a giant rises from the sea, fire bursting into red molten liquid and suddenly it all goes dark…
Two sims survive and find themselves on a small island in the shadow of a large volcano. There are roads and abandoned buildings but no other sims. What might have been a flourishing community at one point, seems to have disappeared and all that is left is a single sign that reads:
“Do not displease The Player or you will be offered in the red pool.”
Then, as the full moon rises a loud siren sounds over the island. At first, the two survivors can’t make heads or tails of what’s going on but then, figures shuffle out of the darkness and the survivors suddenly realize what happened to all the sims on the island…they want braaaaaaaaines.
It is said that one day, two Sims will reach the island and build a glorious new community that honors The Player and follows the old ways. With offerings and rituals to appease The Player, sims here live a longer life then most and will be blessed with peace and harmony… or so you hope.
GOAL: Build a community of sims reaching generation 5 or more. The challenge fails if all Sims are dead so keep them alive!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A pair of dice (6er) If you do not own a pair of dice, check your app/play store on your smartphone
- Mods: Nraas Master Controller, Nraas Woohooer, Nraas Traffic (eliminates cars), Nraas Story Progression, Nraas Vector (it’s devastating if used wrong so be warned)
- 2 Sims
- An island
1 Male and 1 Female YA. Dress them in ripped clothing to match the whole castaway theme. Your sims much each have 2 positive traits, 1 neutral trait and 2 negative traits. (See lists below). This is to ensure that your sims are “normal” and not some super survivor Bear Grylls sim. You must have 1 sim with the brave/daredevil trait as only sims with those traits can light the fire and your female sim must have the family oriented/nurturing trait or she will die in childbirth. This goes for any future female sims. (Explained under Rules)
||All traits under Social
||Can’t stand art
||Hates the outdoors
|Loves to swim
|Loves the cold
|Loves the heat
|Loves the outdoors
The Island Lot:
I have identified two island to play. The one is tropical with lots of dive spots and the other one is a woodland wonder that adds the threat of freezing to death if you don’t get that shelter up because….winter is coming.
I’ve made the volcano your sims will be sacrificed in and added it to the exchange. Look for it under Praise be The Player Challenge. It’s not pretty but it will work or build your own and share the pictures. Next to it I build the place the sims got shipwreck and added The Door of Life and Death so I can send sims found guilty to be judged by the Grim.
You can use ANY world you want as long as it’s an island looking world and has a few extra lots for your community and temple. You’ll need to salt your world a bit just to make life easier. Put trees and seed spawners on your open lot. Add a grocery store and town hall but try to put them underground so they are hidden.
Setup and Arrangement of Necessary Start Objects:
- 1 outhouse (this sorts out hygiene and bladder and it’s logical to assume that your sims would be able to dig a hole for bladder needs. Plus, I don’t like dirty sims but if you want to do this right then go look for a medieval toilet.)
- 1 bench
- 1 campfire and grill. One is for cooking and one is for looking (the campfire has to burn all night. See below)
Every other usable object has to be crafted during game play. The crafting system will be explained down below. I would advise you to download a few medieval or castaway cc as it really adds to the game.
How To Start:
- Cancel the paper
- Set age span to long or epic
- Turn phone off (or use the mod)
- Set to high free will
- Bills are payment to the island gremlins. Do not miss a payment or the gremlins will take your hard earned stuff.
- *** Note: As most EA Sim players are aware, the game will generate other Sims, as well as vehicles and boats, etc. There is no way to turn these things off, so for the purposes of the game, just ignore them or treat them as a hallucination or figment of your Sims imagination.
As a god, you have mighty powers and have to use them right away from the start.
Use CTRL+SHIFT+C to activate your powers and type in this spell:
- testingcheatsenabled true
If you reload the game, you have to redo this procedure. We don’t want your godly powers to get rusty, do we?
Spells You Can Use If The Dice Tell You Too:
Make Sims Happy:
- SHIFT click on the mailbox and click “make needs static” (remember to go back and turn it off again once all needs are filled)
How To Play:
Your Sims are cut off from civilization completely. No jobs, no luxury items, no electricity! Your Sims are alone on this island now. Stranded. Exhausted. But with hope! You as their godly helper will ensure they make it till the final ritual. The Sims have to work with what they have. Which is not much! But hey, at least the sun is always shining and nature has a lot to give. What your Sims will mainly do is tend the fruit trees, fish and work on their skills and craft objects that will make life on the island more comfortable. Crafting is one of the key aspects during this challenge. The Sims can create some furniture pieces or decor. (More about it down below under “crafting.”) Every day the gods will intervene and will change the fate of your Sims. Roll the dices to know what they have in store for them! (More down below.) Make sure to take good care of all of your Sims. You as their god can control them and point them to the right direction. Have fun and good luck!!
The Dice Roll – The Will of the Gods:
Always have your dice on hand,. They are the ying and the yang of this challenge and whatever they say HAS TO BE EXECUTED!
You have to roll the dice every Sim day at 6am. The dice will tell you what The Player has in store for your Sims. You have to execute the will right away. Pause the game/go to build mode and do as The Player says. Don’t miss to roll the dice! If you forget a day, The Player get angry and they will kill a Sim*! *(Perform will 12 from down below)
What Happens If You Roll…:
- (2) The Player shines it’s light of happiness and fertility on the island. A Female sim becomes pregnant. Every Sim is suddenly feeling better and draws more hope out of this miracle. [make all Sims happy from spells list]
- (3) Wow! What is this thing? What does it do? A new skill object gets washed ashore! You won’t believe what mysterious and odd objects can reach this island..amazing! [every skill object except electronic items is allowed, choose 1]
- (4) 1 of your sims has caught an illness. At the end of the day they must die somehow
- (5) 10 bundles of wood, meat, fur or veggies! (You can go to the store to buy new veggies to plant or eat) Sims rejoice in this bounty. [make all Sims happy from spells list]
- (6) The tide is declining and a new Sim gets washed ashore! Who is this? Where did this Sim come from? Only The Player knows… [If you already have 8 Sims in the household you can ignore this will. We assume the Sim died on its exhausting journey to the island. Place a skeleton if you’d like it to look realistic] or add a pet! (testingcheatsenabled true, click on one of the random sims running around on the island and add them so the new sim is fully random)
- (7) 5 bundles of wood, meat, fur or veggies!
- (8) There’s a food shortage, get rid of 2 plants and all the food in your sims inventory (9 New items washed ashore, go collect them! Buy 2 new items, whatever you want! (10) Tsunami! Get rid of everything thing! Beds, harvestable plants, cooking appliances, pluming, skill objects, everything but your buildings
- (11) Oh wow! This is exactly what we always wanted! Your Sims are so glad The Player has heard their prayers and sent them a new object to the island. [go shopping, go wild, you can choose whatever you like no matter costs in build/buy mode]
- (12) The Player is absolutely furious! Sacrifice a Sim in the volcano to calm him! Preferably a virgin. [Let the Sims swim in the volcano pool and block the border with stones or fences. This Sim has to drown to death] Once the sacrifice is complete, nothing bad can happen for ONE sim WEEK so ignore any dice roll that is bad for one week.
1.You can give yourself a fire pit (castaway mods/theme are perfect for this realism)
Fire Rules = Only sims with the brave trait can light the fire for meals/night time. Must be relit during the night. This is to protect family/group from wild animals and provide warmth. Children born later without this trait CAN NOT touch the fire, cannot relight/put it out
-if the fire goes out during the night – you must wake up your brave sim and have them relight it.
Family sims must sleep within close proximity of the fire place in order to benefit from the listed reason stated above (you want the fire is nice mood let)
2.Only female sims with family oriented or nurturing trait will survive childbirth. If a female sim without these traits give birth…you must kill her. (Use Nraas Woohooer and make all woohoo risky.)
3.On full moons a siren will sound warning your sims that something is coming. If zombies spawn and come in contact with one of your sims, you can fight or run. How to fight: roll the dice, even number means you win and get things like a shirt or new shoes or 2 veggies or a teddy (small things you would find in a backpack). Uneven number means you lose and your sims dies before sunrise. If a sim comes in contact by accident, they die before sunrise. (http://modthesims.info/d/576658 use Wojtek Full Moon Warning Defence Siren)
- No career ambitions
- No rabbit holes or career lots except for the grocery store that you will need to buy meat
6.No electronics allowed (remember, this is an uncharted island)
- No vehicles. Your Sims must walk, run, or swim to all destinations (Sims are lazy and will naturally take the shortest/quickest route to their destination. For this reason if your island has roads, you will have to form a group, and then use the “go/walk/swim here” command for your Sims when visiting lots) You can craft a boat later on as your skill level goes up.
your sim Can not change their clothes, buy rugs/curtains (later) blankets for beds (later) or even sleeping bags WITHOUT acquiring fur.
So those wild animals running around become even more important
Wild animals can only be used once. So chose carefully what you want to use them for and keep track.
Use mods to delete them immediately after you have harvested them. (without mods not sure how to get rid of them – maybe someone else will know)
Wildlife harvested will give you either Fur or “meat”
1 raccoon = fur size of small rugs, small curtains, baby clothes, baby crib blanket (inside crib) etc..
OR 1 meal (hotdogs/burger patties)
DEER = medium size skins (2 sleeping bags or 1 small tent) or 2 group meals (steaks/roasts or hotdogs etc)
HORSES = large (carpets/blankets for double beds/large rugs/ large tents or 2 small tents etc) 4+ group meals
What this simply means is – you cannot make these meals without having the ingredients, and you can only get the ingredients by “harvesting” them.
And you cannot make skins/leather/fur items (anything soft or necessary to complete an item) before acquiring it. A bed cannot be made without (wood + 1-2 size equivalent animals skins)
Keep track somewhere each time you harvested your item and how much.
If you are harvesting meat then you can have your sim “go the store” and buy it)
(of course you can chose to have your sim only eat veggies and fish – and just use the animals for fur)
CRAFTING/BUILDING RULES: Sims CAN NOT build anything WITHOUT acquiring either the materials AND the skills necessary.
What this means is:
Trees planted – once fully grown your planted trees can be used to either harvest from OR chopped down for materials (wood) One fully grown tree = 1 bundle of firewood. (if you have the bundled wood decorations these are perfect. Delete a tree (or sell it) and give yourself 1 bundle of wood from your deco to help you keep track.
Easy mode: 1 fruit tree = 2 bundles of wood
1 wild tree = 4 bundles of wood or more depending on size (wild trees are trees on other lots)
1 bundle of wood = small sized objects (1 chair/1 building arch/1 baby crib or two blocks of wall etc)
2 bundles = 2 chairs/small table/shelves 2 or more/ etc)
In order to build a worthy sim must level up his sculpting. Every sculpting session works as the equivalent to 1 building session. The level of the sculptor will determine how much your sims can build in 1 day, and the material they use determines what object your sim will build from.
Examples = Sims sculpts wood level 2 + 2 bundle of harvested wood = 2 chairs or 1 small wood table, or 1 small baby crib or 2 wood arches
Get the idea? Use your best judgement to determine how much each item would require in order to make the item.
A bed would probably require 2-3 bundles of wood depending on the style/difficultly (is it a bunk bed? Is it a single or double bed) etc..
You must replant trees in order to chop them down to use for materials. You can cut down (delete) trees on other lots but if you put spawners on that lot, you have to delete them. No tree = no seed. So do you want wood or seeds.
Stairs and fences are made of drift wood and stones (so no wood needed)
Once your sim (of any generation) reaches sculpting or handiness level 10 and you have enough wood and fur, you can created a boat.
How To End:
Generation 2 should start work on a place of worship for The Player. One sim must have max level handiness before building starts. Every Friday is worship day. Sims must bring a offering for The Player. This generation will also construct a jail. When other sims (spawners) find their way onto your island, you can ignore them or kill them(delete them). Roll the dice, even number means you win and get what is in that sims backpack, uneven and your sims goes to jail. Hygiene means nothing for a criminal so don’t worry about that, just give them a sleeping bag, a toilet and a guitar. Every morning you should put a few fruits or veggies in their inventory so they can eat when hungry. Other than that, do not interact or control them. The sentence is up to you but you might want to keep them for a offering should you land on dreaded 12. Or if you have the door of life and death (from Grims Ghastly Manor) you can send them there to be judge by old Grim himself.
Generation 3, one of your sims should max out logic and “restore” electricity and build a school.
Generation 4, max level science and charisma before building a hospital and town hall. You can now time travel.
When you have 5 generations of Sims, you can start the ritual! Sims should have finished the place of worship by now. All sims must gather for a great feast, dancing and offerings. Roll the dice one last time. High numbers (7-12) and you activate Vector (or whatever other way you want to kill ALL sims). Low numbers (1-6) and all sims life happily ever after. Conceive a child that will be the chosen one and continue your happy little cult.
I took bits and pieces from my favoured challenges and made this one. All credit goes to these great simmers. I take no credit for this challenge, I only tweaked what they started.
CHALLENGE by Simproved
SIMS 3 SURVIVAL ISLAND CHALLENGE by starburstcece
Castaway/Island challenge with a diff. twist by Ephy
Sims 3 Castaway Survivor Challenge (Parts One and Two) by freidapearl
My Island/Shipwrecked Challenge by DuckSimmer101